Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Awful Editorial

Now I know the media gets heated and picks sides during elections. But this has got to be the most unprofessional editorial I have ever read. 

Children on a playground couldn't get away with this without a: being suspended or b: getting beat up. 


It makes few pretensions to being at all about election issues, and is instead a personal attack on Stephen Harper. 



Perhaps my political science degree is leading my awry by wishing that criticisms of politicians focused on policy rather than such base characterizations. But perhaps this is the only level of analysis that Toronto Star columnists can aspire to. 

If I had a subscription to the Toronto Star, I'd cancel it, but I'm thankful I don't. Because that would mean that I live in Toronto.



thestar.com iPhone : Mallick: Six questions for Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment